Monday, July 1, 2013

Meet Me Monday with Sean Michael

Please welcome my next guest, Sean Michael! Check out the cover to his book. Looks very hot if I do say so myself. :)


Thanks so much for having me here on Meet Me Monday and Happy Canada Day to all! I’m wearing red and white today and there will be fireworks after dark.

1. What are you working on right now? Can you tell us about it?

I’ve always got a number of stories on the go. At the moment I’m wrapping up edits on Hitched, a Hammer story, which follows up on a little Valentine’s Day bit I posted on Valentine’s Day wherein Jim asked Marcus to marry him.
I’m also working on a story for an anthology call about Men in Uniform, the next SWAK book (Pony Play!), a new Mannies Incorporated book, and a couple of other stories.
As I said, there’s always a number of things on the go at one time. That way if I get stuck on one, I just move on to the next, or if one is slow going, I can spend a little bit of time with it and then more time on something else.

2. What/Who inspired you to start writing?
Reading inspired me to start writing. I have always been an avid reader (the library was one of my very favourite places growing up) and I wanted to make up stories like the ones I read.

3. How long have you been writing?
For as long as I can remember. I used to write in pencil on the back of used paper my father brought home from work.

4. What advice would you give a new writer just starting out?
My answer to this is always the same. Write. Watch. Write.
You can only be a writer by actually writing – do it every single day no matter what, even if it’s just for a half hour before bed or when you first wake up if it’s that busy of a day. And watch the world around you – there are stories everywhere, just waiting to be told.

5. Are you a pantser or a plotter?
Definitely a pantser. Anytime I try to outline, my will to write the story disappears, like by writing it down in point form, I’ve already told it, you know? And anytime I make plans in my head for where a story is going, the characters go in an entirely different direction. Honestly, I’m just along for the ride.

6. Who is your favorite author?
I can’t pick just one. I read a lot of different genres and have favorites among each. Reading is an awesome thing.

7. When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I don’t know that I can answer this. I’ve always wanted to be a writer and a some point that mindset changed to I am a writer.

8. Do you have a favorite character from your books? If so, why and who?
I actually have many favourites. The characters I’m currently working on are always favourites because I’m telling their stories and I’m in the now with them. But I will also always love the jarheads – Rig, Rock and Dick, who are never far from my mind. I love Marcus and Jim and Billy and Montana from the Hammer Club series (not that I don’t love the rest of the Hammer men, but those couples spring to mind first). I have a soft spot for Ryan and DJ from Wallflowers. Alec and Benj are my favourites from the Shibari Auction House world... see? Lots of favourites.

9. What is your favorite colour?
Ah, this one is easy and has been the same since I can remember -- Blue!

10. What is your favorite food? 
I have a lot of favorites when it comes to food, too, but if I had to pick one thing... beef tongue. No, seriously, I love it.

11. What is your favorite smell?
I thought I’d have to sit and think about this one, but it came to me right away -- baking bread.

12. Do you have any strange habits?
Yes.  ;)

13. Where are you from? Do you still live there? If not, what do you miss about it?
Canada and I still live here. I love the fact that we have four distinct seasons (although spring and fall seem to get shorter every year and that makes me a little sad)

14. What is one thing your readers would be most surprised to learn about you?
That I am a giant dork. I don’t know, maybe that’s not that big of a surprise. J
Thank you for having me today and I’d like to do a contest – the ebook of the winner’s choice from my back catalog found on my webpage. I’ll draw a random winner tomorrow afternoon from anyone who leaves a comment before tomorrow morning.



Book Blurb:


http:www.seanmichaelwrites.com/books/covers/pushybottom.jpg)
Darren Black has been watching beautiful, aloof sub Nikolai for some time. Nic is the pushiest bottom he’s ever seen. Doms don’t stick with him for long, but Darren plans on being the one who does.
 After spending a night together in one intense scene after another, Darren introduces Nic to the pleasures of waking up with a lover.
Could Darren be the one to claim Nic?


Author Bio:

Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours between dropping the f-bomb and perusing the kama sutra by channeling the long lost spirit of John Wayne and singing along with the soundtrack to "Chicago."
A long-time writer of complicated haiku, currently Sean is attempting to learn the advanced arts of plate spinning and soap carving sex toys.
Barring any of that? He'll stick with writing his stories, thanks, and rubbing pretty bodies together to see if they spark.

Find Sean at:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SeanMichaelWrites
Livejournal: http://sean-michael.livejournal.com/
Email: seanmichaelwrites@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Michael, congrats on being an ARe bestseller!! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete